Thursday, September 18, 2008

God loves us

Thayne and I have been trying to teach a couple of girls about prayer. We prayed once to find a cell phone and then again to find a golf ball while mini golfing. Both times we prayed we immediately found what we were looking for. Today I got a reminder of my own of the love that God has for us and that he listens to each of our prayers.

This morning I went to Wal-mart to grab a couple of things and after paying for my items I put my wallet in the grocery cart underneath Tyson’s car seat. In my rush to get home I left my wallet in the grocery cart. I realized quickly after leaving wal-mart that I didn’t have my wallet with me. I checked with the cashier, service desk, cart boy, manager, and went over the videos with the security personnel. We figured out that I had left it in the cart and a lady came by and put my wallet in her car. The security dude told me to go home and cancel my credit cards. On the way home, I was praying. I told God that I knew he could get me my wallet. He could make sure that the person that found it was honest and good or at least guilt ridden. I knew that he could help me to get it back. I went ahead and canceled my credit card but right after I got a call from Wal-Mart. They found the lady that found my wallet and she had given it to them. She claimed she was going to mail it to me. I'm glad I got my wallet back right away. I didn't have to cancel my debit cards and I got my license and gift cards back. I made sure to thank Heavenly Father right away. I was so grateful!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

This is a really cool story! :) Isn't it amazing how God is in the details of our lives? P.S. I think it's awesome that you and Thayne are trying to teach them about prayer...I don't think I would think to do that.