Friday, March 6, 2009

vacation here we come!!

It really does seem like the winter here this year is lasting FOREVER. It's so depressing and makes it so that the little man (Tyson, not Thayne) and I spend a lot of time in doors. I've had no desire to blog (or do much else a lot of the time). However, Thayne and I got some really GREAT news today and so it has motivated me to get back to blogging - at least for today. My dear hubby was presenting his summer's research yesterday and he won a prize. Now Thayne didn't enjoy writing, compiling, brainstorming, presenting, or most other parts of this research journey but he did put a lot of effort in to it and gave it his best. He came home last night and told me that he had won a trip to present his research. He didn't look very excited but I was instantly excited b/c now that I'm a stay at home mom it means that we can probably go with him. I told him that we could go with him and he cheered up a bit and then I looked over the paperwork and told him the possible different places we could go. There are 4 students that won a trip and they were told that they had to decide amongst themselves who got which trip. The possible trips were to New York City, Memphis, Hawaii, and somewhere that hadn't been decided yet. He, of course, wanted Hawaii but felt that because of his personality he probably wouldn't get that trip. I talked him into talking to the other students and asking them to draw straws or something else similar to that to decide who got to do what. Well, Thayne called me at lunch today and told me that we are GOING TO HAWAII!!!! He was contacted by the professor in charge and told that he had the top marks from the judges so he got first choice!!!! I'm so happy that his hard work has paid off. Mom and Tyson will definitely sacrifice their time to go to Hawaii with Daddy! Dr. Thayne has also started seeing patients. Yay!! It's exciting, fun, and a bit nerve-wracking.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Way to sacrifice so that Thayne doesn't have to go all the way to Hawaii by himself. :) Congrats guys!!

Kasey Van Tassell said...

Yay@! Come see us! We give good PCC Discounts!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Congratulations, can I come?

Boss said...

Congratulations! A well-deserved vacation for all of you!

brentandkashann said...

Great Job Thayne. You have made all the other dental wives jealous! Very exciting. When is the trip?

Nancy said...

Yeah!! Wow, congrats Thayne!! Ok...so you know we live in Hawaii...so you better talk to us before you come. We would love to hook up with you. I am sure you are given accomadations, but if not you are welcome to stay with us!! We would love to see you guys and hook Abigail and Tyson up together. Let us know? Which island are you going to. We are on Ohau. Anyways, congrats Thayne on I am sure a lot of hard work!! xxx

Steph said...

Congrats guys!!! I'm very jealous:) Being a stay at home mom is by far the hardest job out there...especially when you are the type of person who likes to stay busy and be out and about, which I know you are! Enjoy your stay in Hawaii!!

Jessica said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations! Wish we could join you...