Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tyson's 1st Birthday

Tyson turned 1 this week and so we got to party!! Tyson and I went to the zoo with some friends and he went on his first carousel ride. He loved it. Tyson enjoys the zoo more every time we go. I think he's finally starting to notice the animals. You didn't know you go to the zoo for anything else, huh? Tyson loves the playground there and he loves watching the other kids.Here he is with his friend Rylee.
When Daddy got home we went to McDonalds for Tyson to get his first happy meal. The kid was all smiles. He ate one chicken nugget and maybe 30%of his fries. He drank all of his apple juice.He was more than ready to play when we were done eating. He had a hard time getting down the big kid slide so we switched to the little kid's slide after that.
He can go up and down the slide all by himself. He loves it. Usually he ends up going down head first. Here's a picture of our happy, little one year old in his new big boy seat after McDonalds.

We had cake and opened presents when we got home. I was going to make him a fun cake but I found out that our local grocery store gives babies a free cake when they turn 1. Here's the cute family getting ready to blow out the candle. Notice Tyson has a small sunburn after the zoo. I gotta get the kid a little bit more exposure to sun before summer hits.
I learned a new color of poo the day after Tyson's birthday. If you look at the frosting on Tyson's face in the previous pictures you'll notice his poo is the same color. So funny!

11 comments:

kandis said...

How Fun! I still can't believe he's one!!! AND he looks so little in his big boy car seat!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Happy birthday Tyson.

brentandkashann said...

Funny about the frosting. The exact same thing happened the next morning after Marcus's cake.
He is such a happy boy. Probably because he has such happy easy going parents.

Melissa Nielsen said...

I love the diaper! That is hilarious, I never thought of taking a picture of that. He is such a big boy!

Boss said...

Practically the cutest little one-year-old ever.

I love that you too a picture of the frosting poo. Classic.

Kasey Van Tassell said...

I can only think of one other person to post poo on thier blog...he also happens to be in your family.

Tiffany said...

One already?! What a big boy! I love the cake eating pictures!

Sean & Kendra said...

Happy Birthday Tyson!!!!!! 1 already? I can't believe it!

Kael and Katy said...

First birthdays are the most fun memories! I love the cake pictures, those are hilarious!

Crescent said...

He is so big already!! Time goes by so fast. Thanks for the info about the Shutterfly book...I've got lots of good pictures to put in it! And it's perfect timing, our anniversary is in a couple of weeks. hopefully the code works right this time huh? Sorry about the confusion with the one I had posted!

Sarah said...

I can't believe you put the diaper picture in. Love it - somehow it doesn't look gross. (then again... i'm a mom?)
I love the picture of him eating at McD, the family picture, and then face/hands all green. my 3 favorites on this post. But oh the smiles on that boy as he plays! And Yay for the new car seat!!

Great job sharing with us - thanks Natalie!
(PS- on the poo color... apparently it happens with red jello when a kid is on a soft diet and has a lot of that. I just learned that this week from a friend, so wasn't as surprised to learn it here, ha.)