Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm a big boy now!

Tyson is now 3. In his mind he is officially a big boy. To me that means he can now dress himself and take himself potty. I think he wants to go back to being a little boy when I use his age to get him to do things. We had a fun birthday. Daddy was at the school for 10 hours even though it was a Saturday. He was taking his licensing exam which cost us $3000 so we were more than willing to spread the birthday fun over a couple of days and let daddy go to school. It was also General Conference so I'm lucky that Tyson is 3 and doesn't mind sharing his birthday with other things. In the morning we played at the play place at the mall and then found out the Easter Bunny was going to be in a parade. We thought the kids would like being in the parade. We were right the kids did like the parade but it sure wore us out. My friend and I had 5 kids ages 3 and under, no strollers, plus diaper bag and all. We were both sweating and worn out when we were done. When daddy got home, we opened presents and ate dinner. Tyson opened one box and said, "A box! Yay! My very own box." and then went on to the next box. The next box was much bigger and he said, "A bigger box! My very own bigger box!" We were cracking up. I included a video at the end of Tyson opening his bigger box. Tyson's favorite present was his GeoTrax train. He didn't play with anything else for days. I found him sleeping on his train one day after quiet time. Tyson didn't get a cake the night of his birthday. He kept requesting cinnamon rolls so we made cinnamon rolls. Tyson LOVES cinnamon rolls! He especially loves to play in the flour when we make cinnamon rolls. I made the dragon cake for his friend party a week later. I think it turned out really cute. In the picture it is missing it's fruit roll up wings. Here's silly Lexi on her brother's birthday. She is turning into quite the ham. Tyson's 3 year old stats: He is 30 lbs and 37 1/2 inches so he hasn't grown in 6 months.

1 comment:

Janny said...

Wow! He is so excited about that train set in the video. I love it.