Sunday, May 18, 2008

Recipe Sources and Crazy Accents

We are having four of the missionaries from our ward over for dinner tonight and Natalie is making an amazing enchilada dinner. I'm sure that it'll be a hit! We got the recipe from a friend, who informed us that she got it from the back of a can. Who knew that the best enchilada recipe ever is on the back of a can of enchilada sauce? I informed some young men at church that we got a great recipe from the back of a can and they didn't seem too impressed. One of them is going into culinary arts and he informed me that he doesn't get recipes from the back of cans. I think that he's missing out, but I guess that it's not the coolest thing in the culinary community to get recipes from cans.
Anyway, back to dinner, or at least the preparation of it. Natalie was inspired by a hispanic sister in our ward to be proud of her accent. (I sometimes call Natalie on her "Utah accent.") She went a little overboard, though, when she made up her own accent while consisted of all of the accents in the world. I had no idea that you could mix so many accents at the same time! Having lived in England, sometimes I whack out a Harry Potter accent (okay, it sounds more like Ron Weasley or Hagrid). Natalie tries to imitate me, but doesn't quite get it right. She said that today's attempt wasn't to combine a ton of accents, but to imitate one accent. It just turned out to be the worlds craziest accent.

3 comments:

Adam VT said...

You wanna have some fun trying to understand crazy accents? Come visit us and try to understand all of sacrament meeting. Sometimes Kasey will ask me, "hey was that testimony in Tongan or Samoan?" I look at her weird and say "nope that was english." Seriously we get some crazy accents. Hey we want to see some more pics of Ty. I've seen more of him on Rat's blog than yours. You're killin me Smalls!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Real cool guys, start a blog and don't tell me the address. Don't you worry I have my ways and now have you on my friends list. Yes, whether you like it or not we are friends, so you better start liking it.

Mark said...

Some of the best recipes come from packages - I found my favorite cookie recipes on Parkay and Ghiradelli packages. (Ask my sister if they are any good.)