Thursday, August 14, 2008

One last Wahoo!






Thayne and I are trying to end the summer with a bang before he starts the hardest year of dental school. We've heard so many rumors about the 2nd year of dental school. I start to get depressed when I think about the next 4 to 10 months that are ahead of us. I know I should be feeling sorry for Thayne because he puts in all the work but most of the time I feel sorry for myself because I'm the one sitting at home by myself. Enough about me being a single parent for the next year. . .

We had a great week last week. Thayne, Tyson, and I went to Darien Lake with the Caspers (thanks Brent for watching Tyson so I could ride some of the rides and thanks for taking Thayne on the scary rides that I wouldn't ride). It was lots of fun. Normal price to the amusement park at the gate is about $34. Thayne and I both got in for $17!!! That's like 4 for the price of 1. It was a good thing it was cheaper because we had to leave the park at 5:30 in order for Thayne to get home for mutual that night. This first picture is a ride that I had to sit out on. Not because I'm a whimp (atleast not this time) but because somebody had to stay with Tyson. Notice nobody is sitting beside Thayne.


The Casper girls were so good with Ty. Ty got his first ride on a Carousel. He was soo good all day long. He sat in his stroller most of the day without making a sound.
We got home from Darien Lake on Wednesday and were hoping to go camping on Thursday. We were supposed to pick up girls from girls camp (2 1/2 hours away) so we decided to go to the temple the day before and then go camping. Of course it was pouring rain so Thayne and I got a hotel room outside Palmyra. Oh man! What $80 won't get you! Rusty everything in the bathroom, the no-smoking room smelled like smoke, water was nasty, too hot, bad service, and they advertised for free continental breakfasts but of course they don't serve breakfast anymore. It's not like I'm picky when I stay in a hotel. Put me up in a motel 6 or anywhere with a pool and I'm a happy camper. However, we had a wonderful time. We went to the temple, PF Changs (yum, yum), and didn't have to make the long trip home after the temple. We actually didn't end up picking up girls from girl's camp but the trip was well worth it. Thayne and I've been joking that our summer vacation was a night in Palmyra. (For those of you who don't understand NY maps; it's like living in SLC and taking your summer vacation in Provo) We had a great time. It was no stress and lots of good family time. Here are some pictures from our fun night.
Picture above: Teaching Tyson about Palmyra and all the wonderful church history that happened here. He was more interest in all the pretty, colorful flowers. To a 4 month old these flowers are very distracting from the message.

Picture below: Cute, very white, family. I love Tyson's concerned expression.



Picture above: T and I at PF Chang's. I know the picture looks awkward with my arm around Thayne. We didn't think about that when we took the picture.

Picture below: dirty, crummy, motel room

4 comments:

Brent said...

I would of listened to the message about the history. This kid needs so help from grampa. Grampa would help him understand the history leason.

Christina said...

Hey Nat! If you get lonely while Thayne is in dental school, I've got an aunt in Rochester. I'm sure she'd love to meet you and hold Tyson!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you guys planned out a little summer 'bang'! It's nice to have that memory when you get into the more day-to-day life (& studies).

I love the cute family close up photo! What a cute nephew and you guys look great.
Oh yeah and just consider the color and fascination of the flowers to be the pre-sunbeam (er... pre-nursery?) level lesson of church history... grin.

Boss said...

I always zone out a little during church history tours too, Tyson. Just remember, though, flowers are for smelling (and maybe touching), not eating.

I'm glad you all had so much fun on your vacation. Palmyra might not be an exotic locale, but it's all about who you're with, not where you're going! Thanks for sharing the fun. Ya'll are cute.