Monday, January 5, 2009

Some fun and some not so fun

When we got home from vacation, Thayne and I had a surprise waiting for us. Our house was about 30 degrees, our dining room was full of snow, and our front door was wide open. Upon further investigation we found drawers wide open in all the rooms in the house. We thought nothing was missing at first but when we went to use the internet we couldn't find our laptops. Sure enough, they were stolen. The night before we got home our sweet neighbor saw a light on and a window open in our house and knocked on our door to tell us our window was open. We think the burglar(s) were most likely in our house at this time because the door was shut when she came over. At first Thayne and I weren't going to tell people about this but we think it's good if people are more aware of what can happen. We should have stopped our mail and probably even paid somebody to shovel so it wasn't so obvious we weren't home. We don't live in a scary area. I feel completely safe in my home. It's a weird feeling to think that somebody has been through your stuff. I was a little upset at first but now I just don't get it. I don't understand why somebody would steal from us. We have an ancient TV, hardly any movies, second hand furniture, it was pretty obvious we don't have a lot of money so why would you take anything from us? I have a really hard time getting this. Thayne feels violated and doesn't like the feeling that somebody can get in the house when he's not home. We are trying to take this experience and learn from it and try to not let it happen in the future. However we have really bad luck. In three years of marriage we have had our car broken into, our luggage stolen, and now our house broken into. Maybe God is trying to teach us something and we just aren't getting it.

Anyways, on a happier note. . .

Thayne and I have been on some fun dates lately. My favorite was the night we went to pizza hut and bought a $5 Mia pizza and shared it in the car (we were so cheap we didn't want to pay a server). Look at that cheese. Yum!Tyson enjoyed the crustWe then headed to the golf dome for some mini golfing. This place was awesome! We had to get some glamor shots in. Tyson was our caddy (Notice the golf club he's holding). We placed a small bet and the winner got to choose dessert. We were neck and neck most of the game but I missed my last shot and Thayne ended up winning so we went to McD's and got ice cream cones. Exciting, I know!
We also went bowling one afternoon with a couple other couples in our ward. It was so much fun! After bowling on the Wii, I think Thayne and I were a little over confident. I won the first game but Thayne didn't even break 60. I think it was the worst I've ever seen him do. The second game we decided to do crazy bowling. This is the score at the end of the game.

I'm N of course, but I actually did worse than this. Every frame where there's a 1, it should be a 0. We liked to call them pity points. I want to point out that I didn't lose. I was asked to not tell you who "R" is but maybe you can figure it out if you look at the pictures that are at the bottom of this post. Notice Thayne's score. He couldn't break 60 bowling regularly but broke 100 by bowling between his legs, with his left hand, on his tiptoes, with his eyes closed, etc. Hilarious, huh? My husband once again proves his amazingness.

4 comments:

Kael and Katy said...

Oh how scary! I'm sorry that happened to you! But your date sure did look fun, I'm jealous! Its always good to do that every now and again!

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

Oh man, that is really sad news. I know you weren't looking for sympathy or anything, but I really am sorry for you guys. We had our bikes stolen while we were in Korea and I think the worst part for me was how I usually look for the good in people and humanity altogether, but having that happent just weakened my trust in people and made me feel like not everyone was really a good person. I hate disliking people, even if I don't know them. It took me forever to forgive them in my heart, but I think I have finally come around. I too wish I knew why people did stuff like this.

Mike and Shaurie Berlin said...

holy cow, oh the places you will go passing through blogs lol. Sounds like you guys are doing well living in New York? i am assuming school sounds like fun. you will have to come check our our blog.

Boss said...

You guys are so fun! (Not the having stuff stolen from you part, but the golfing and crazy bowling and all that.)

Also, I totally want to hire your caddy.