Saturday, January 31, 2009

winter wonderland

Rumor has it that this is the worst winter in 30 years for Buffalo. It hasn't quit snowing since Christmas and it's been so cold. I'm about convinced that I want to move to Phoenix after living in this winter wonderland. For now I find myslef looking up cruises during the day. This is a picture of our driveway. Our car barely fits through the narrow valley between the mountains of snow. We have found some fun things to do while it snows. We went sledding this morning. Tyson enjoyed the food and girls that were there but he didn't like the cold snow that much. I had a tough time getting my sled to go straight and not backwards. Thayne conquered the slopes and may go pro.

Last weekend we were stuck inside due to the storms. Luckily I had this kit on hand.
We are not very creative and tried to copy the picture on the front of the box. This is our masterpiece. It was such a fun night. We laughed at our lack of creative talent.

One of our favorite things to do when it snows (or any other time) is to play with the little man. He is so funny. He has learned to clap, wave, and is starting to catch on to high five. It's all on his timing. If he's not in the mood for any of these games, there's no coaxing him to show off. His favorite game to play when it snows is horsey. He giggles and laughs. We love it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

GREAT picture of the horsey ride! Your candy roof looks soooo yummy. I saw the pix on your sledding friend's facebook page of you guys and it's such a lovely picture of you three. I thought you, especially, looked great.
I'm excited to go to Georgia and not have snow (most likely) unless we travel for it :) If i enjoy it too much, do you think i'll get sent to Siberia next? I guess Buffalo would be okay if you're still there by then.

Matt said...

Thayne and Natalie. What's up? It looks like kids are lots and lots of fun. Nicole are I are thinking about trying for octuplets like that lady in california and then going on Oprah and then retiring early. I like reading your blogs. I sometimes post on ours
non-nonsensicole.blogspot.com.