Monday, February 15, 2010

when the toddler is happy, we're all happy

Tyson has been so much fun lately. Parenting is a blast when your child behaves. It's too bad that children aren't perfect all the time. We took Tyson to a car show last week and once he figured out he could sit in the cars the kid was doing his happy dance all night long. I don't care about nice cars but it sure was fun watching my boys be sooooo happy. Thayne has decided that Tyson and him can go on lots of man dates to the car show. Thayne loved the convertible Corvette and one of the Jaguars best. Tyson loved the convertible Mini Cooper. He got in that car and at the top of his lungs started shouting "mine, mine, mine." It was pretty funny. He had a lot of people chuckling. He would also say, "Daddy out. Mommy sit." Apparently mom is his traveling companion of choice or he knows that he has to convince mom that cars are cool. I liked the monster truck best. Maybe because it reminded me of Blackie - one of the farm trucks that my parents had. Blackie was amazing. She could pull out a tractor if it got stuck. My dad would carry a bucket in the back and my mom would stand on the bucket to climb into the truck. Good times indeed.

4 comments:

SAM and RACHEL said...

i'm always trying to explain blackie's awesomeness to sam....he doesn't get it

Kraig n Melissa said...

Cool! I love the story about Tyson saying, 'mine, mine, mine!' Too cute. Glad to see you guys doing well.

Brent and Cheryl VT said...

Bring him here -- I'll find a car show to take him to!

Sarah said...

That's really fun - thanks for sharing!