Monday, April 5, 2010

Baby ???

I name this blog post "Baby ???" because we don't know what baby girl's name is going to be. However, more importantly, baby girl is here and healthy. We had quite the night last night. Right now, I really don't want to go through that again, EVER. I hear you forget about the pain after awhile. I hope so. Here's our timeline
2:00am Woke up to use the bathroom. Went back to bed
2:30ish Woke up feeling contractions. I'd been having contractions off and on for a couple of weeks but this was a little different.
2:45 Started thinking that the contractions seemed pretty close together. Timed them <5 minutes apart. Went downstairs to research labor. Learned that what I was feeling seemed like the real thing.
2:50 Woke up Thayne and told him that the baby might be coming. We talked about what to do. I still wasn't convinced that this was labor. I was in some pain by this time but I could still talk through the contractions. Thayne quickly decided that we would go to the hospital. Started packing my hospital bag. I really hadn't worried about this before because I figured I would have a couple of hours once labor started. Called the Doctor. She said to come in but she was on her way to a different hospital to perform a surgery. We decided I would go to the hospital she was at. Called our friends to take Tyson. Poor thing. He was sooo sad last time I saw him.
3:20 Got in the car, dropped off Tyson, took off toward the hospital. By this time the contractions were probably a minute apart and were getting VERY painful. I could feel the baby move down and I was trying not to push but it was sooo hard not to.
3:40 Arrived at hospital ER. Contractions were almost constant. We didn't know where labor and delivery were located and I really wasn't in any shape to walk. I collapsed on the sidewalk in pain when I tried to walk in. We made it to Labor and Delivery but the doctor wasn't there yet.
3:49 Baby girl arrived and life got a lot better for me. I'll take the epidural next time. So we had our baby girl in a different hospital than planned with a different doctor but atleast it wasn't in the car.
Little girl weighed in at 6 pounds 14 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches and has dark hair (but not a lot). I think her hair will lighten up. We'll upload some pictures when we get a chance (and the camera cord). I'm exhausted but can't sleep. I think the adrenaline is still pumping. Thayne is back at school today. He had a big day with patients today and needed to be there. These kids don't always come when it's convenient, do they?

23 comments:

Sean & Kendra said...

Congratulations!! We can't wait to meet ??? (her)!! Get some rest and please let us know if you need anything at all!

Rachel and Tyler said...

Wow that was fast! Congratulations.

SAM and RACHEL said...

soo....you sound like moms birth stories....
1st: over due
2nd(you): born in street clothes

the other funny thing i find about this post is that you are on your own without thayne right after giving birth (not to mention without and epidural....sheeeesh!) but you've updated your blog with in just an hour afterwards!

and.....CONGRATULATIONS! we are so excited for a new niece!

Kasey Van Tassell said...

Congrats...I was pretty sure you'd get to have yours first since you were due before me(of course I am jealous though). And in less than an hour and a half, and less than 10 minutes at the hospital-wow! Glad you made it to the hospital.
I hear recovery is better if you don't have an epidural, hopefully that is the case for you. Let us know when you decide what to name her.

Tasha said...

Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Wow, oh wow! welcome little girl to the family! I was getting on to show Lila her cousin Tyson and got quite a surprise!
Uh, yeah, you do forget. but it takes... time. After Lila, I had lots of "people do this more than once???" thoughts. And here i am, expecting again.
That was ridiculously fast! And your posting? super fast too!
Best wishes for a great recovery.

By the way, take your time and get the name right for what you and Thayne want - no rush! You make me feel normal to not have the name ready! (Though this time, i kind of do know what i want, which is strange to me.)

kandis said...

I can't believe how fast it all happened!! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to meet her!

Dosbooges said...

congrats!!!

Mike, Kalie, Jason, Lexie and Colden said...

WOW that is crazy! Congratulations!

Emily and company said...

Congrats!!!

RaCHeL said...

Oh my! What a story! You are quite the trooper! COngrats on everything! Can't wait to see her!

Chanda and Scott said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see pics!

SAM and RACHEL said...

c'mon.....it's been like 17 hours and you won't answer your phone or havn't put pictures up yet!
what is your deal?
:)

Brent said...

How about a good Book of Mormon name like Abish?

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

Yikes! That is quite a story! Glad you are both safe! Hope you are getting some sleep now! Congratulations!

Tiffany said...

congrats, natalie! can't wait to see what you name her and her pictures!

Van Tassell said...

Congrats!!! Sounds very exciting

sheena said...

Yay! Good work Natalie!

Megan said...

Wow...fast. That is crazy. Congrats! I hope this never happens to me!

Boss said...

Congratulations Wonderwoman! Why prolong the misery, right? Just get that little cutie here ASAP!

Sorry you didn't have time for the epidural. I can't wait to meet her. (Or see some photos.) But don't hurry. Just get some rest. You deserve it.

Candi & Ezra said...

Congrats!! So glad to hear she is out, healthy and you are feeling better! We can't wait to see some pics!

Brent and Cheryl VT said...

I want to see her (or at least some pictures!)! "Mama"

Brent said...

How's Abish doing??