Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's Birthday Time

This time of the year is birthday time for our family. Thayne's Birthday is first and a week later is Tyson's and if baby girl comes on time her birthday will be in a week after Tysons. For Thayne's birthday we, once again, went and got our free dinner from Red Robin on date night and then celebrated at home on Thayne's actual birthday. Thayne has been pretty busy with lab work lately so it was nice to have him around and just relax and enjoy family time on his birthday. Tyson has decided that he loves cupcakes. He especially likes to lick the frosting off the top and then ask for more. Silly kid. Tyson's birthday was yesterday. He didn't really get that it was his birthday or if he did I don't know why he was so grumpy. I tried to do lots of fun things with him. We went to the park and the zoo before queit/nap time. I got him a happy meal for lunch and planned a fun party for him in the evening but things did not go as planned. I learned not to feed my kid all the treats he wants just because it is his birthday. Tyson threw up right before his party in the car (He throws up a lot in the car. He gets car sick and has a really sensitive gag reflex) so Thayne and I quickly tried to clean him up so that we wouldn't be late to his party. I had made a choo choo cake for him and set it on the car so that I could pull something else out of the car and the cake slid off the car and fell all over the pavement. I was devastated. Luckily we have really nice friends that still helped to eat the cake. Our camera ran out of batteries so I didn't get very many pictures of Tyson's party. These last two pictures have nothing to do with birthdays but they show my two favorite people. We were at Target one night and Thayne and Tyson were both dawdling. They were pretty funny. They were trying on hats, playing with balls, and just walking around being silly. My favorite was when Tyson accidently knocked over a bunch of canteens. He was trying to straighten them and just kept knocking over more and saying, "uh-oh" and "messy." It's funny how clumsy their little hands are. He would pick one up and put it back and knock 2 more over. I sure love my two boys!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday to all!!! So sorry to hear about the cake. The funny thing is (well I can tell you that it was not that funny in the moment) but I did exactly the same thing as you except it was a big lasagna for a family of 7 that slide right off the car as I was trying to learn the tricks of putting two kids in the car! I was devastated, mainly because I was exhausted from a long day! Well, its funny now! Can't wait to see more pictures, especially of you little angel that will be here soon! Good Luck xxxx

Brent and Cheryl VT said...

I love your two boys also -- and you1

Sarah said...

Fun! Hm, So that's Tyson with a goatee, eh? Love it.
Sorry for the downsides on Tyson's birthday - sounds like you did lots of great mom-things!
Looking forward to your little girl joining in the fun :)
hugs