Wednesday, November 10, 2010

odds and ends

I've decided I need to take more pictures of Lexi. It's so much easier to remember to take pictures of the singing, dancing, crazy kid than it is the well behaved baby that stays in one place. I'm sure that will change in the near future. October flew by this year. I can't believe the holidays are almost here. I love this time of year. 4th year has been awesome. Thayne and I have lots of time to sit around and dream and wonder where we'll be next year. Thayne went to Massachusetts last week for an interview but didn't like the program so most likely we won't be there. We're hoping he'll get into a pediatric residency but he didn't get as many interviews as he wanted. We'll see what happens. All in all, we feel really blessed and grateful for our family and our health. One of the dental students lost his wife to Leukemia this week. It breaks my heart to think about her husband and baby daughter and other family members left behind. I can't imagine where her husband goes from here. I really thought they were getting a miracle. There were so many of us fasting and praying for her. I have a testimony of the afterlife but what about the pain that loved ones experience until then. Thayne doesn't like it if I watch a movie and the spouse or child dies. It's one of my worst fears. We participated in a charity walk to earn money for this sweet girl that passed away. We pledged to walk 5 miles and then forgot to bring a stroller for Tyson. We didn't make it as far as we wanted to. I've decided that I'd like to do more of these things even if I don't know the people involved. The last few pictures are just odds and ends that I need to record. The first is a picture from the mall during story time. There are so many kids. Tyson finally sits mostly still during story time. He knows all of his capitol letters and the sounds they make. He is starting to put letters together and learn his little letters. Sometimes I get so excited cause he can read simple words but other times he pretends like he doesn't know anything. We were looking for shoes for Thayne and Tyson was having soooo much fun trying on shoes himself.
Tyson is definitely not 100% potty trained. He does great some days/weeks but other times he does horrible. This next picture was a day at church. Tyson had already peed through his church pants and the change of clothes I brought for him so this is how he went home from church. I regretted the saggy underwear that were packed for him this day. Any suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

what an adventure you guys are on. I hope things work out for you and that you get to enjoy the road. And only 6 months left! go Thayne!