Wednesday, September 2, 2015

end of school year

Thayne went to the AAPD conference in May and they were "pinning" him so I decided to leave the kids for a couple days and join him in Seattle! The kids stayed with one of my favorite Mia Maids (almost 16 and very mature) for the first 24 hours and then Grandma Gerry and Grandpa George for the 2nd 24 hours. It was so fun to get away for the weekend and the kids had so much fun with McKayla and Gerry and George. They went to the park, ate shaved ice, got to ride a horse, and hung out with some of my favorite peeps.

co-resident from Buffalo, Suzy, and her hubs, Edi




The gum wall - Thayne wasn't impressed but I thought it was a cool place to visit. Thayne was surprised when I was prepared with gum for both of us to add to the wall. 

It's official!
Thayne, Suzy, and Rory
Thayne pointing to the space needle in the background. I asked him if he wanted to get up and run with me before classes. He agreed but didn't realize that we were going 6 miles (I thought I mentioned the distance). It was the week before my half and I was counting miles! He was a good sport and humored me. It seems like he is always humoring me. :)
We ran by the original Starbucks so we stopped to get a quick picture.
Airport entertainment. This boy rocked the rowing!
My favorite spot in the morning to eat a muffin
The kids continue to grow and share their joy for life.
Lexi's preschool graduation was so cute. She loved Miss Sharon's class! She has a hard time waiting 3 months until Kindergarten. Here's some of what she said at graduation:
What I want to be when I grow up: Barbie
Favorite color: rainbow
Favorite food: apples, broccoli (I don't know if these are accurate. She is our best eater and she does love fruit and veggies)
Miss Dani
Miss Sharon
Lexi and Viola
Our friends found these baby birds in their BBQ. 

No comments: