Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Ragnar and half

The original 6 at 4:30am
We ran the Ragnar again this year. We started out with the normal 6 then dropped to 4 and picked up a couple extras on the last day. My sister, Rachel, fell on her first leg and 14 stitches later was done (side note: she's also 6 months prego). Her husband also came down with foot injuries. We did some rearranging and didn't skip any legs as tempting as it was. I ended up running 20 miles the first day but only 3 or 4 the next morning so all in all it wasn't too bad. I was grateful for my half marathon training that made it doable. We started around 4:30am and didn't get done till 3am the next morning with our legs. We got a bit behind with our casualties.
We were the team who must not be named so we had a couple of house elves. Side note: Cameron and Ben were quite funny to have around. They are naturally way more athletic than most people are. Ben passed or "killed" around 50ish people on his first 4 mile leg. I'm lucky if I pass a dozen. Cameron ran a 10 miler for Sam without training for it. Piece of cake, right?
He is such a good sport for letting me drag him along
The hand-off with Kasey, who also bailed us out and took a leg last minute. 
Sam is trying to get me some water why the news reporters are asking me questions. 
Getting ready for my middle of the night run. This was probably one of my better runs. It was 9 miles uphill to East Canyon Dam but I felt so strong. I love when my body feels good like that.  I feel like running has given me so much more confidence in my body. That's when all the time preparing is worth it.
The original 12 at the end.
My cousin, Michelle, joined us day two to help our tired bodies. She brought a friend to also help, bought us lunch and took us to her husband's hangar to rest. Best pick up runner ever.
Rachel's knee
My half marathon running partner also got injured so I ran with her sister who I met race day. She was great and helped me keep going. I wasn't feeling my best on race day so I was happy to have some help.




I am the MOST sweaty person that ran! I didn't realize how gross I looked until I saw the pictures later.

No comments: