Friday, January 29, 2016

10 year anniversary - the cruise

Thayne and I had our 10 year anniversary this past December. We decided it was time we took some time for just us and left the kids with my sister and took off on a 7 day cruise. The first 5 days were heaven and then I started to miss the kids. I loved the time with Thayne. It's so easy with the two of us. Less to pack, less complaining, and just constant fun. He really does make me so happy and it makes me excited to grow old with him.  It was really nice to turn off our phones and put everything business related out of our heads for a week.
We took a red-eye flight to Florida. The first flight was our long flight and we were put next to a very obese lady so we had a seat and a half to share between two of us and no leg room. We didn't sleep. It was pretty miserable. We got to the cruise terminal early and tried to get some shut eye. Thayne rocks his eye cover.
The first day was at sea and the second day was on Carnival's private island. The sand was AMAZING! Better than anything I've ever seen in Hawaii or Florida. I'm thinking now it was probably imported in. It was nice to hang out on the beach, swim, eat, and do nothing. The water had been kind of rocky leading up to this day so it was nice to get on ground that didn't move. I got pretty sick one afternoon on board the ship but felt better after I threw up. It was probably just as much pregnancy related as anything.  It was perfect timing in the pregnancy to get away though. I was around 16 weeks along and still somewhat slim.
We loved the 80 degree weather all week. Meanwhile in Utah, it was snowing and cold. It was hard to come back to.

Weird chairs. A lot of the decor was weird.
The wind would make shuffle board difficult.

Sunday night they had a Hanukkah service that we joined in on. It's fun to experience other cultures.
Love the maid service!
The cruise ship had these weird pictures all over it. I started nicknaming them as the week progressed. 

No comments: