Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hawaii: part 2 - things we did

We had so much fun in Hawaii. We went to the Laie Temple, Pearl Harbor, the Swap Meet, ate shave iceBYU-Hawaii, Laie point, PCC, went to a luau visited friends and family, (Thayne's mission president and friend from England - no picture)and we spent a lot of time at the beach. Tyson would wake up around 5:30 or 6am so we would walk down to the beach and watch the sunrise a few of the mornings. My sister, brother, and sister in law all live on the North Shore so we spent a lot of time with them (mostly my sister). In order to fit everybody, we rented a suburban which was fun to drive and it entertained the kids with the dvd player. We spent Friday and Saturday at a super nice hotel in Honolulu. They gave us lei's and juice and banana bread and mints. Rachel, my sister, came along to babysit so that I could accompany Thayne to some of his dental events. One of my favorite events was the luau that dentsply threw for the student clinicians. I'm pretty sure it was one of the most expensive if not the most expensive meal I've ever had. They gave us another lei and invited the clinicians and their families to the luau so Rachel got to partake of the goodness with us.
I love the beach in Hawaii. It is so beautiful but so powerful. Thayne and Tyson both had some scarey rolls with the waves. Tyson fell down while chasing the waves and rolled a few times. He had no fear of the ocean until it got the better of him. Poor Tyson! He was so scared.Thayne was boogey boarding and also rolled a few times from the waves. He thought he was paralyzed at first but only hurt his back, got a black eye, and a few scrapes on his face. (The picture doesn't really do him justice)

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am so jealous…

Brent and Cheryl VT said...

We'll take Tyson to the Legacy Center, and no waves will roll him around! Can't wait!

Brent said...

I came back hurt after the last trip also.

It took a couple of months to heal.

Rachel said...

I finally got caught up on blogs!! Your trip looks AWESOME! I am jealous!