Friday, October 31, 2008

Free things




I've been looking for good deals or free things lately. I found quite a few. Last weekend Tyson got a free shirt from old navy for wearing a costume into the store. Okay, so he didn't really have a costume on but when I saw the deal I decided he was dressed up as a rugby player. They went for it and let me pick out a shirt for Tyson. We try to use coupons or only buy non food items on clearance. I've learned if you wait long enough you can get some great deals. One of the best deals lately was that we got a free ipod for opening a checking acount. I opened the account a long time ago and wasn't sure if we'd really get the ipod but it came and it's one of their brand new ones. My sister gave me an old ipod of hers for my birthday. Now when she reads this she'll probably ask for hers back. I'll understand if she does. But for now Thayne has his ipod and I have mine. Cost: $0!!! We also happened across the Grand Opening of an outdoor store last weekend. Result: free lunch and free access to their climbing wall. Thayne thought he was in his element. Look at him go!
I've learned that I have to be careful. If it's anything more than a dollar off I have to make sure I ask lots of question and/or read the fine print. If you know what the requirements are, there are some great deals out there. If you're not careful, it's easy to get roped into something that you're not interested in. So BE CAREFULthis Halloween.

2 comments:

SAM and RACHEL said...

maybe you should have posted that info after i sent you your ipod charger and stuff! but does that mean i dont need to send the charger til i see you at christmas?
and maybe you ought to answer your phone someday....

Sarah said...

That's so cool - climbing wall, for free? fun! I'd love to see Nathan do that.

Go Natalie on the savings - I could learn more from you, i'm sure.

Rugby player... that's funny!