Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hair, Bills, and Glamour shots


We had a really fun Young Women activity this past Wednesday night. Rachel Shaw, a fabulous beautician in our ward, taught the girls about hair and make-up (I learned a lot! Not surprising, I know). She showed them some fun hair do's and gave each of them (that wanted it) a makeover. The leaders got to do a "what not to do" fashion show. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoy my calling and the opportunity it has given me to get to know some of the amazing girls and leaders in the ward. The bottom picture is us showing off our bodacious styles. The top picture is Tyson with big lips on his cheek. Rachel did one of the young women's lips and as soon as she was done, she marched over to Tyson and said, "Ooooooh, I really want to kiss him now!"


My little boy is now 6 months old! We'll find out how much he weighs on Thursday at his Dr. appointment. He can sit, scoot backwards, (and sometimes foward), he gets up on his hands and knees but hasn't figured out crawling yet. He loves to giggle, get thrown in the air, have raspberries blown on his tummy, and his neck or thunder thighs tickled. He loves attention and people. He's got beautiful big blue eyes, fair skin, and reddish hair. I'm soooo happy he's finally getting hair. Check out his mohawk in the previous picture. Everywhere we go people comment on how happy and good natured he is. We just love our little Tyson and think he's perfect!

About a month ago Thayne and I went to a Bills game with a bunch of other dental students. It was lots of fun. I didn't take my camera so I had to steal this picture off of somebody's blog. Normally I wouldn't fret over not having my camera but the Buffalo Bills team is such a part of the Buffalo experience that I wanted to make sure I recorded this.
P.S. Last night Thayne and I met a Bills player. He was a super nice guy with a really cute family. I know it's not a big deal but since this is my journal . . .

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Natalie! I am so glad to have found your blog! It took me a while to catch up on what's been happening. Nate and I have been wondering how you guys are doing up there in NY.

Tyson is adorable and getting so big so fast! What a cutie! Well, I'm like you and doing the single mom duty while our hubby is in school. It is definitely not fun.

And I see you are in YW? We need to exchange activity ideas because I'm in YW, too! How fun! Wish we could see you guys in person. Hope Thayne is doing well in dental school and hope you are holding things up being such a wonderful mom. Until we can somehow manage to schedule a reunion, we'll just have to stay in touch through blogs, I guess.

P.S. You look so good in that post baby bod!

kandis said...

I must say you guys look fabulous with your awesome makeup and hair styles! I'm sad I missed it!! And your little Tyson is so cute! I love his blue eyes!!

SAM and RACHEL said...

hey i just noticed...you can see ty's split tongue in one of those pictures! just like mine!