Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Tyson

Tyson, you are such fun, little guy. You love learning. You have been reading for a long time now and it's so fun to see you learn and grow and get sucked into a book. I love when we are out and about and you are walking with a book in your face. I'm guessing you'll always be a nerd and I hope you can embrace that. You have been obsessed with Star Wars for a long time now. You learned all about it from reading. We let you watch episodes 4,5, and 6 after you turned 7. I think you were more excited about this than your actual birthday. You knew what was going to happen before it actually happened because of the books you read. I showed up at your school with storm trooper cupcakes and you were so happy. I hope you can find friends in your life that love the same things as you and will allow you to embrace learning.
You love attention and have a tendency to act out to get it. I'm still not sure how to help you with this. You are still as snuggly and cuddly as you ever were. I can hardly get Lexi to give me a high five when I drop her off at school but you still go around and give every member of the family a hug and a kiss. You want to sit in my lap and snuggle but you are getting to big for that and that is hard for you to understand. I've asked you to stay little and not get older but you are so excited to grow up and be a boy scout. You talk constantly and drive us a little batty sometimes but we also love this part of you. You can be the kindest little boy when you set your mind to it.
You are so good with Kenzie and always have been. For Christmas you gave me a present of watching her and you did such a good job. Kids like to play with you and you are for the most part kind and gentle. So much so that sports have been hard for you. I'm hoping you'll learn to be active and enjoy it but aggression and coordination don't come easy for you.
You are such a good helper at home. You cheerfully do your chores and homework each day. I have you clean up your room, make your bed, and keep our living room tidy and you do such a good job. I'm proud of you.
You have recently started reading the Book of Mormon and you want to finish it before your 8th birthday. This is a big feat but you are taking it on and doing so good. I'm astonished at how well you understand what you're reading. Spiritual things come really easy for you. You are a bit immature but have a spiritual maturity that is beyond your age. You do worry me though. You have a tendency to follow the other kids and do whatever they are doing even when you know it is a bad choice. I'm not sure how to teach you to stand up to your friends. You struggle with this but hopefully will improve as you get older.
We love you so much and are so happy you are part of our family. Keep growing and learning bud! Love you!

He let each of the other kids help him to open a present
So excited about his star wars legos!
more star wars toys
Christmas party with his church class


I will wash dishes and watch Kenzie


1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love all the positive things you share about your kids!! So important to emphasize their unique strengths and gifts! You're a great mom!!