Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sick little boy

You may notice that it is 4am here in Buffalo and I am wide awake. Not by choice. I'm a sleepaholic these days so I don't know how I'm still awake. Tyson has been sick this week. He came down with Bronchiolitis again. Apparently his colds can get in his lungs really easily. He woke up around 1am and since he's sick I was letting him sleep by me. Well he won't go back to sleep. He's still crying in the other room. I don't know how he is still awake. He wants to play and jump on the couch, read books, and watch movies. I just want him to sleep. He is not sleeping very well at all and neither am I. I've become grouchy mom tonight. I've been patient all week with him but I've had it tonight. It's been 4 nights since I've slept in my own bed the whole night (wonderful for a pregnant body --NOT). I'm all about letting kids cry things out but our little one throws up if he gets too worked up when he cries. I think he's getting close to that so I'm sure I'll be cleaning throwup soon. Tough love. Well until then I'll try to get some blogging in.

4 comments:

kandis said...

I'm so sorry for both of you!! I hope he gets better soon.

brentandkashann said...

I am so sorry he is sick. I hate sick kids. So much worry and so much loss of sleep.

Rachel said...

Hang in there, Natalie!! You are awesome!

Tiffany said...

i feel for you. i was in your place (w/o the pregnancy part) the week of christmas and new years. laney had pink eyes, fever, ear infection, ruptured ear drum, and strep in her ear. then kenzie had croup one night and a cold. i had strep for a week. nate was sick with a cold, too. i didn't sleep for a good 3 weeks there. how do we moms do it?