Saturday, January 9, 2010

Two Christmases

We spent a relaxing Christmas here in Buffalo on December 19th. It was nice to be here for a few days before traveling to Utah. Tyson had a hard time moving on after opening each present. He got lots of car stuff. However, over the holidays he has decided he's not into cars as much as he was and now loves trains. We'll probably try to get him a "choo choo" for his birthday and he'll move on at that point too. We traveled to Utah on the 21st and had a wonderful time with family and friends. We kept ourselves busy by trying to make lots of visits and eating some of our favorite foods. We both think we gained 5 or 6 pounds. Tyson had tons of fun playing with my parents dog and his cousins. He made the transition to Utah much better than I expected.We got in really late the night we arrived. Tyson slept for a couple hours on the plane but then stayed up until 2am NY time. I put him down for his nap the next day thinking he must be exhausted. Thayne and I left to go meet some of my roommates so we put Tyson on the air mattress we were sleeping on. He prefers his toddler bed to his crib so we thought he would like our bed. We checked on him as we were leaving and he was looking out the window pointing at the snow saying, "down, down, (s)no." I told my sister to let him play and he'll fall asleep in a bit. (He does this at home all the time.) She checked on him after a couple hours and he had Thayne's electric razor in little pieces, our suitcases were open and things were rummaged through, and he had my makeup bag open and was trying to put on my makeup. We got a call from my sister and she asked if he could get up and play. Apparently he wasn't tired. He was so excited to be in a new place. He stayed up until bedtime that night. I don't know how he does it sometimes. I guess little kids can run off adrenaline too. He had SOOOO much fun at grandma and grandpas. After that episode we moved a pack n'play in the closet of the room we were sleeping in and that is where he slept after that. We all slept pretty good after that. This picture isn't Grandma and Grandpa's house but is his bed at home. This is how he looks when we go get him in the morning. It's pretty cute.

No comments: