Monday, September 19, 2022

May 2022

He wanted to wear 2 ties to church.

TJ's 2 1/2 year old stats.

Kenzie at 9 years old.

We had a RS activity that I had to dig up old photos of me. The kids didn't even recognize me in the yearbook photo.


Jojo's soccer team. Thayne and I coached it. 



Leaving positive messages next to the playground for activity days.

I was going to run a half marathon in early June but I lost my drive on the cruise. We got back from the cruise and I just wanted it over with so Tyson and I ran it the next weekend. We mapped out our 13 miles and ended a little past the Jordan River Temple. I wasn't in great shape for it but it was probably good for the R2R hike coming up. I'm just soooooo happy to be running again. 

This girl loves sharks and drawing. She also loves drawing sharks. Go figure!


Jojo graduated from kindergarten.

They finally broke ground on the house.











Lynne's birthday party. She is such a hoot!




We are loving getting back to parks and eating ice cream :)


Sunday night walk to the temple







Smore night (look in Thayne's glasses)

Kenzie and Jojo participated in the pinewood derby.

Kenzie's car

Jojo's car



The kids loved the ladybug festival.







Jojo's birthday. She is soooo excited to be 6.



I did something crazy. I hiked the grand canyon rim to rim. April has invited me to join her a couple of times. After my diagnosis, I was so happy to not be in pain that I decided to join her. Rachel also came along. I struggled sleeping the night before because I was so nervous. We got up at 3:15am (arizona time) and headed to the trailhead. We hiked around 27 to 28 miles and rolled on to the other side of the canyon around 10pm. It was an amazing, grueling day. My toes are still black and blue months later. Rachel has lost 3 to 4 toenails. The last 3 miles were soooo slow. My least favorite part was the downhill. Weird, I know. My favorite part was the waterfall that was off the trail a ways. I'm looking forward to doing it again someday. 

I love this idea of masking tape and a little car to track travels on vacation.

April knew a couple places to stop on our way there. We went to a wind tunnel and also an under road tunnel. 



The hotel had a phone booth. It's been awhile since I've seen one of these.

She gave us all maps so we knew exactly how far to the next bathroom and water station.

I'm pointing at where we started the day before.




The waterfall was so cool and refreshing. Rachel hiked 10 or so miles in flip flops. Her toes were hurting from her shoes something awful!


















 

No comments: