Monday, October 5, 2020

October 2019

October was a long month for me. I started having some major issues with my pregnancy in September. I was diagnosed with pubic symphysis and a dislocated hip. It hurt to move. It hurt to walk around. Getting in and out of a car and rolling over in bed was torture. I basically laid on the couch most of the time and even that hurt. It was hard to not feel like I was doing much to help. I told myself that it would be over someday and that I needed to stay positive. I prayed a lot. Melting down was only going to put more pressure on Thayne and the kids. I would go get the kids from school and then just delegate all the cleaning and cooking to them when they were home. When we'd go out to do something as a family, Thayne would bring the wheelchair from work and I'd have to ride in it. I was so happy when TJ came 3 weeks early so that the pain got a little better. Although it didn't go away for a long time. It did get bearable within a couple of months after he was born. 
General conference cinnamon rolls.

General conference facemasks with Lexi during Women's conference.

Last year I took her to the conference center. This year I couldn't even make it to the church comfortably. Thayne was also in California so the comfort of our couch is where we were.

Lexi school talent show

Workouts with dad. Lexi just does upside down handstands the whole time they work out.

Office dress up day!

Preschool halloween show


4123

Thayne took a quick trip to California for some laser training. He kept sending me pictures of beaches...  
work pumpkin

Tyson made his own halloween costume this year and wore it with pride. :)


Daybreak's skeleton hunt





Pickleball ladies had a fun birthday party/shower night for me. They really are the greatest!

A walk over to the temple is great when the schedule falls apart.

Witches at Gardner Village. I was in a wheelchair the whole time. Tyson was so great to push me - except for that one time when he ran me into the curb and I almost fell out and shooting pain went up my leg. 



I'm always finding selfies of Lexi on my phone

Daybreak pumpkin regatta - so fun to watch

Temporary tattoos




We took a drive up the mountains one day and went from beautiful fall to snowy winter. It was crazy!



Trying a new ice cream place

South Jordan pumpkin walk




Aunt Joy's Halloween party. I think this was on October 26th. TJ was born the 28th.

Tyson's homemade costume








The highlight of October was definitely this little man being born. I'm always nervous they are going to send me home from the hospital because my contractions don't hurt until they are fast and furious. I have to make sure I get to the hospital before that happens. Although I was dilated to a 4 when we showed up and my contractions were regular, I wasn't dilating very fast. Once again, I was sure I was going home but they finally admitted me.
 












These pictures are a little deceiving because everything looks hunky dory. The kids each got about 10 seconds to hold the baby before the doctors took him to monitor him closer. We were worried about his size. He was 6 pounds 3 weeks early. His size ended up being fine but he breathed in fluids during labor and caught pneumonia and spent a week in the NICU.  It was a long week. It did give me a little extra time to sleep when he was in the NICU and I got to trick or treating with the kids. I even went to the ward Halloween party the day he was born. NICU/life flight/sick little baby is no fun.















Jojo had to come up with me (and sometimes Thayne) to the hospital during the day. It was hard on her. The hospital was 30 minutes from our house. Initially we tried to go up twice a day but later in the week we were only making it once a day. It's so hard for parents to not feel guilt. Guilt if you leave your other kids. Guilt if you don't spend much time with the baby. We ended up spending a lot more time with our older kids. The baby seemed to be in good hands. Jojo didn't get a good nap, attention, or a lot of play time all week. I was glad it was just a week. We were exhausted.



Ward Halloween party - the day after TJ was born 

Airborne with friends

Kid's Halloween costumes. I didn't think I would be able to make it to their school Halloween parade but because TJ was in the NICU, I was able to attend.















No comments: